Thursday 28 October 2010

Half Term - Wednesday/Thursday

Wednesday morning was spent in Bury, first with a trip to the doctor for Joe and then playing in Abbey Gardens.
Joe still seems very tired all the time and as we're now over 6 months from his illness I had expected to see improvement. The doctor agreed with me and is writing to the consultant at the hospital asking them to see Joe again. Joe and I both had our flu jab while we were there but he has to go back in 4 weeks for a second dose - he will not be happy when he finds out!!!
In Abbey Gardens the boys played in the play area and we collected leaves - lots of them! Now we just have to decide what to do with them?


Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning were spent at home doing not much. I record a few programmes the boys like and they spent the morning catching up on The Large Family, Meg and Mog, Octonauts and Gigglebiz. I don't mind them watching television but I don't like them watching for the sake of it so recording some of their favourites works well. 

Thursday afternoon we went to Granny's house to see David, Mary, Toby, Abigail and Maisie. Matthew was a little confused that Maisie had been named after the Maisie Mouse books but I suggested perhaps this was not the reason David and Mary chose the name! Neil, Carol and Anna arrived too and the boys had great fun with so many people to play with. Behaviour started to slip a little and we came home for tea, although when Andy called and spoke to Joe he was informed by Joe that "I am the one who is being good" and when I suggested this wasn't entirely accurate he changed it to "well I am the one who is worst likely to get in trouble". Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment